If you have loved our easy apple bread recipe then you will definitely love this almond rhubarb coffee cake, it is the perfect for breakfast to start your day.
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 Tbls. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- Beat brown sugar, oil, egg & vanilla until smooth. Combine flour salt baking soda.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in Rhubarb & almonds.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans.
- For topping, combine sugar & butter; stir in almonds. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or test done.